Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Toy/Product testing

My niece has been lucky enough to have been asked to review products by companies who have read her blogs and is often posting photos of her 2 happily testing out the latest toys.
I have so far been unable to work out how to successfully launch myself into the right circles to be asked to test anything out but it has got me thinking.

I would say I'm fairly opinionated and usually too honest so I think I'd be ideal, I already tell people how great things are that I feel have helped me and also am never shy to voice my niggles over things that don't work! Maybe I should just post some reviews of things we've bought??

Maybe it's the artist/designer in me but I come across so many things that I just think are awful, it makes me wonder if any thought went into their design at all.
For example, how many times have you been in a public toilet and been smacked in the back by a door because some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to put the hand driers behind the door??!!

Also having worked in sales for some years I am generally astounded by the lack of customer service you see these days, we stayed at a spa for our honeymoon and while we couldn't fault the staff and food and facilities, I twice received no response to emails I sent asking for accessibility information and asking for a call back to book?! It makes me wonder if these companies are making so much money they can afford to throw business away?!

Anyway, rant over, should anyone know of any companies looking for reviewers we would be more than happy to help :)

I was thinking earlier as I was watching her she would make a great test subject for durability of kids toys! It may be child proof but is it Freya proof??!!

It's getting harder as she gets bigger to find stuff she can play with as it all gets a bit fiddly and flimsy as they get to 3 as it's assumed they will play nicely by now!

I'm mainly buying bubbles at the moment, at least one huge tube a week which she runs around with flicking like mad so no bubbles come out and inevitably ends up tipping it out on the floor in an effort to work out why it's not working :/

No comments:

Post a Comment