Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Freya as the dragon bridesmaid!

After many false alarms and bouts of cold feet I finally got married on Saturday, we had a handfasting ceremony in the garden and apart from the sudden cold spell we had a generally good day for it.
I was worried that Freya might find it all a bit too much having lots of people in the house and other children using her sandpit and slide etc but I was pleasantly suprised.
She seemed quite happy with all the attention she received (probably helped by a constant flow of food) I didn't@ see it but I have photographic evidence of her interacting with my neice's daughter!




We had originally agreed on a medeival theme so I'd bought Freya and Lucas dragon outfits to wear. It all ended up being re-arranged last minute so no one else was dressed up but as it had turned a bit chilly I let them wear their outfits. Freya has been enjoying hers for a few months now as can be seen in some of my other photos but I couldn't see a reason to use Lucas's again!




They were beautiful, very well made and Lucas's even had poppers at the bottom to change him, they found the head bits a tad annoying but all in all worth the cost especially if you have a child like Freya who trails everything about and generally abuses it! :p
Anyway, I was very impressed with her behaviour for the day with only one outburst over changing a well dried in dirty nappy :/
I hope it showed our guests that autistic children aren't just unreasonable, tantrumming, unsociable people, she had as much fun as anyone else (probably more) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment