Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Autism v "normal" I think I prefer the autism!!

It never ceases to amaze me how childish some "grown ups" can be, I have just received an email from a member of my partners family telling me they can no longer attend our party, (that would be our wedding she's refering to) as we didn't attend her party, (family gathering) on saturday. She didn't say that last bit but it seems a pretty huge coincidence after telling us we were expected to go.
As she's making the cake we now have to do a 5 hour round trip the day before the wedding to collect it.
Now don't get me wrong I'm very grateful that she has been kind enough to offer to do the cake for us as a wedding gift but we do not have time to go and get it. The marquee is being delivered on the day before the wedding and I have to decorate it and arrange all the last minute things that can't be done until the day before. 
If my partner is out for 5 or 6 hours I can't get that done with a baby and demanding toddler round my ankles!

Autistic people often have trouble maintaining friendships due to their difficulties understanding the unsaid social rules, they find it difficult to empathise with others and confuse peoples intentions..... 
so how come I know that if you are always doing the running around for your "friend" travelling to see them at a time convenient to them yet they can't do the same for you, surely that's not a real friend? I can appreciate that people have their owns lives and while it upsets me I understand they can't always be there for me, and I am quite capable of reading beween the lines or identifying an outright lie. 
Maybe I'm not autistic or maybe I should go back to my original thought that it's not me that's the problem it's everybody else!!!

And this is why I don't like people doing things for me because it's never done out of the goodness of their heart, it's always with a condition or you end up owing them, generally it's not free as you will "pay" for it in one way or another! This is why I have very few friends and it's further cemented my opinion that I'm better off without them.
If you mean so little to someone that they can't ever put themselves out for you you're better off without them in your life I say and that includes family unfortunately. 

It's hard enough trying to work out what "normal" people are thinking, doing, trying to say etc and then to work out what the hell I'm meant to think, do or say in response but at least with me you not I'm not lying, being two faced or playing games. It's really no wonder there's such a huge void between us, I think "normal" people could learn a lot about communicating from autistic people!!


No comments:

Post a Comment