Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Freya stays in a hobbit hut!

I had seen our campsite the previous year and being a huge tolkien fan thought it would be great fun to stay in one of their hobbit huts for our holiday :)
Here we are outside our little holiday house


It was a little smaller than I'd thought and the single fold out beds turned out to be a 3 part bean bag. I thought the double futon looked fine though and it was warm and cosy with good range of pots and crockery etc

We had our own covered little cooking area with 2 stoves, despite having camped many times I'd never seen a stove like this and couldn't get it lit to make lucas's bottle! After venturing down to the main house I began to think perhaps this wasn't such a great place for my partner as it was steep and narrow, there were steps and paths to the hobbit house and he'd had enough trouble with those :/
Anyway the owners were very friendly and helpful and came straight up to show me how to get the stove going.
After settling in we headed back off to find another beach for a few hours, Freya enjoyed running through the pools of water but had no interest in looking for life in the rock pools much to my partners disappointment!
Back and forth she went through the big puddles of water soaking herself and loving every minute! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment