Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Y Spa Wyboston Lakes review

Mike and I went to Y Spa as our honeymoon night away, it was all we felt we could ask for given that my mum is 74 and Lucas and Freya are quite a handful without keeping an eye on the teenagers too!

My initial contact wasn't the best as my email to enquire about accessibility for Mike was never replied to and an internal email sent by reception for the reservation team to call me back to book us in was never responded to.

Despite this I decided to persevere as it did look lovely on the website and fond the staff answering the phones to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

We did the overnight hideaway on a Sunday evening for the very reasonable price of £69 each for accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner with a full days use of the spa facilities.
I can honestly say it's the first time I've relaxed in years and Mike commented he'd never seen me smile so much, just going to show if I could reduce my stress I would be a lot happier.

The stay was fantastic, we chose the day of the overnight to use the spa as I didn't think I'd relax if I knew I had to go back home later in the day. It was quite quiet and we pottered about enjoying the pool and steam rooms. We had 3 treatments booked in which was quite extravagant but we knew we wouldn't be getting the chance again.
We had a lovely joint appointment massage which was nice even though we weren't speaking as I didn't want to spend our honeymoon apart really. I've had a lot of massages over the years to try to ease the tension in my back and neck and I thought my therapist was very good indeed.

We then went for lunch in our robes which always feels a little weird, (I've only been to a spa once before I don't find it easy to spend time or money on myself), and the food was outstanding. It was a buffet style set up with a good choice of meats and veg/salad and puddings. We were stuffed after and didn't fancy jumping back in the pool so we headed for the quiet zone and I settled into a nice memory foam bed while Mike opted for the water bed.

We checked into our room at 3 and again were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort.

Facials were next which I always neglect in favour of a massage but it was lovely and Mike commented I was glowing when I came back! OK he had a vested interest in being overly nice! After our facials we headed back into the spa for a few hours before dinner.

We got changed for dinner and headed off still not overly hungry after the lovely lunch earlier. The dinner was even better and we enjoyed a bit of people watching as well as the food :) dessert was included but I was so full I asked if I could take my back to the hotel room with me. I was told I could which turned out to be a smart move as room service of the same dessert involved a £5 service charge making for a very pricey slice of cheesecake!

The bed was big and very comfy and I enjoyed my first (and last) night of sleep since having Lucas!

We woke up to an equally impressive breakfast, Mike opting for the continental healthy stuff while I in true Yorkshire style went for the full English :)

We had our final treatment before we left which was a body scrub and steam followed by moisturiser and we went home feeling truly refreshed and spoilt :) I could not fault a thing about our stay. The staff were great, the food was fantastic, the spa and hotel were clean and the treatments and facilities were first rate.

So much did I enjoy it that we have come to an agreement that I will go to the spa one evening a month in an effort to try to de-stress. I would like to try another spa one day but for now I'm so happy at my closest one why change?!

Here's a few photos of us enjoying ourselves! :)











Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own, I was not asked to provide a review and did not receive anything for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment