Pages

Friday 25 November 2016

Evie and Lola review

I was lucky enough to be invited to attend one of Evie and Lola's craft making workshops last night.
It was the crystal bracelet workshop, learning about the spiritual and healing properties of the stones and making them into a beautiful bracelet to take home.
I've always been quite a spiritual person and already own a few tumble stone crystals that I've collected over the years so was really excited at the thought of making my own personalised healing crystal bracelet.
We had a last minute change of venue as there were only 3 of us attending so Anwyn decided it would be nicer to hold the workshop in her home instead of the Harpur St studio. I was quite glad about that as I wasn't sure there'd be parking at the studio and didn't fancy a walk through Bedford in the dark, it turns out the studio does have parking in the evening at the rear so I'll know for future reference.
I was a little nervous going on my own but I needn't have been, Anwyn made me feel at home straight away in her beautiful cosy room dedicated to craft making, she had set the table up with all sorts of gorgeous looking colourful crystal beads and there was an even more inviting plate of yummy cupcakes waiting for her guests with a glass of wine or a warm beverage.


While we were waiting for the others one of Anwyn's daughters made me a lovely drink to have with my cupcake.
When the other ladies had arrived we started looking at some reference cards to find the crystals that would be best suited to us, Anwyn really wanted us to reap the benefits of the crystals and spent a long time reading and checking what we felt we needed to make sure they were going to be just right.
I chose a Sodalite crystal, I was drawn to the beautiful blue hues and when I read about it, it seemed to be made for me, it helps free rigid thoughts and encourages freedom to express your emotions, it can increase feelings of self esteem and self worth, aids sleep and encourages communication, all things which I struggle with.

One lady was making the bracelet for her mum which I thought was a lovely idea, such a personal gift and what a great time of year to be making one.
When we were all happy with our selections we chose a button to be our bracelet fastener and threaded it onto some leather. We then tied some thin thread onto the leather and began sewing our beads on with a flexible needle. Anwyn was incredible patient and helpful with us all as we were all a bit fingers and thumbs to start with until we got going but you could soon see it coming into shape and after the first few beads we were able to get into a rhythm with the threading.



The workshop lasted for 2 hours which flew by and I stayed a little later in the hope of finishing but in the end came away with all I needed to finish it at home. I felt confident enough that I could do it on my own now and Anwyn helped me work out how long it needed to be to fit my wrist perfectly and explained how to tie it off at the end.
If I had to make a criticism I'd say I could have done with a little more light as my eyes were getting tired towards the end of the night.
I really enjoyed my evening and felt so comfortable spending it with others who it turned out I had a lot in common with and I'd definitely recommend these workshops to anyone who has an interest in crafting especially if you're fairly new to it as it was so well explained and set up. It would be lovely to go with a friend but I was more than happy going alone and meeting new people. I would love to do another workshop with Anwyn and am so glad I went along and made my gorgeous bracelet which I can now wear knowing I made something to be proud of that will also help me with some of the difficulties life throws my way.


If you've never heard of the workshops please check them out at www.evieandlola.eventbrite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment