Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Trying some healthy eating!

When Freya was little she ate such healthy stuff but inevitably in a house with 3 teenage sisters she soon discovered crisps, chocolate and biscuits were much nicer especially as they seemed to be rationed!
She still enjoys humous and raisins (not together, though she probably wouldn't mind) and has just taken up wholemeal pitta bread as long as it's got ketchup in (everything must have dip for Freya)
However when she demands food on a half hourly basis and usually its ice cream she wants you do worry as all mums do that they're not getting enough of the good stuff.
I know the old skool thinking is that they'll grow out of these fads and it won't do them any harm but based on what I've read, autistic kids just don't grow out of them and in some ways I'm grateful her obsessions do change now and then and sometimes I can convince her a banana would be yummy instead :)
That said, since she started eating more rubbish than good stuff her skin has got really bad and you can't argue that when it's right in front of you.
Having had trouble shifting that last bit of pregnancy weight since I had Lucas, (he was 9lb 10oz, I ate quite a lot over christmas and he's still a hungry baby) I ordered myself two graze boxes a week to try and help me snack more healthily. Freya took great interest in these little boxes in a bigger box that started appearing from the postman so I was delighted when they announced they were launching kids graze boxes.
Here is a photo of Freya with her first free trial box, she was quite pleased with it as you can see!




If you know a little nosher who would enjoy these they are doing free trial boxes just for july, I have a code you can use, just leave me a note and I will email it to you. Also don't worry you will get stuck with future boxes it's easy to cancel online at any point if you don't want any more. There's no commitment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment