Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

special gift

They say all autistic children have a gift, I'm beginning to think freya's is her memory. I have already mentioned the 'carrot' she drew on my wall, this was months ago and is basically just a line but every time she looks at it she says carrot?!
I also mentioned the whales she has drawn on the walls when I've not been watching her every move, these are in different places in different rooms behind doors etc yet she can show me all of them.
You cannot tell her you will do something later or tomorrow unless you intend to do it as she will remember. She spent one whole day waiting for her sister to come back from school and as soon as she came through the door she went and got some bread and her coat and said ' ducks'. Her sister had promised her the previous evening she would take her after school the next day.
now I know we watch far too much peppa pig as its one of only three programmes she will watch, but about ten mins after the last episode she has just come in and said ' onions, tomatoes, spaghetti and chocolate cake', it took me a while to recall that this was peppas shopping list in that episode??!!
Maybe it's just me but that just seems remarkable for someone who is two and can just about pronounce the words in a manner I can understand!
Watch this space, now how can I channel this into something positive??

No comments:

Post a Comment